Three Cocktails Using Hot Sauce
Some people like fruity cocktails while others prefer to err on the side of traditional flavors. But for cool people like us, there's nothing better than sipping on a nice drink that has just the right amount of spice, heat, and tang.
With summer in full swing, there’s no better time to sit outside, soak in some rays, and enjoy a nice cocktail that makes you say “ahhh” and “woo!” with every sip.
These three cocktails are made with just the right amount of heat, ensuring optimal pleasure for each of the millions of tastebuds in your mouth.
Tequila Hot Sauce Tango
Do you love everything sweet and spicy? This perfectly balanced cocktail is sure to impress. The sweet honey syrup combined with a hint of lime juice creates a whole mouth experience that will have you feeling great.
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon of honey
2 ounces of white rum or tequila blanco
1 ounce of lime juice, freshly squeezed
6 dashes of Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine water and honey. Turn to low heat and cook and stir frequently. Remove from heat when the honey dissolves and the liquid thickens.
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice, honey syrup, and tequila (or rum). Then add Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce along with ice.
- Shake until well blended. Pour over fresh ice in your favorite drinking glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and straw and enjoy!
Kicked Up Bacon Bloody Mary
Premade bloody Mary mix is acceptable, especially if you’re in a rush. But let’s be honest, nothing beats a good ‘ol homemade drink. The best part is that you can put your own spin on it to appeal to your taste.
With the addition of Woos! hot sauce, you can transform a boring bloody Mary into the ultimate refreshingly spicy drink.
¼ cup brown sugar
Thick cut bacon
1 can of tomato juice (46 fluid ounces)
½ can condensed beef consommé or bone broth
1 cup of vodka (adjust to your liking)
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
3-4 dashes of Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce
2 tablespoons of pickle juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon chili powder
½ tablespoon paprika
For the bacon:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire cooling rack on top.
- In a small bowl, mix Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Place strips of bacon in a single layer on the cooling rack.
- Evenly pour the hot sauce and brown sugar mixture over the bacon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bacon is cooked to your liking. Flip halfway through to ensure the bacon cooks evenly.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
For the Bloody Mary mix:
- Pour tomato juice, beef consommé, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce, pickle juice, and lime juice into a large picture.
- Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- On a small plate mix salt, chili powder, and paprika.
- Run a lime wedge on the rim of the glass. Dip the rim into the rim mixture to evenly coat.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour bloody Mary mixture.
- Garnish with a slice (or two!) of spicy bacon. You can also garnish with pickles, olives, celery sticks/and or lime wedges.
If you like a little sweet with your spice, this is the drink for you. The combination of hot sauce, grapefruit juice, and habanero pepper is the ideal blend of sweet heat with just a little bit of kick. Perfect for summer (or any season really).
1 teaspoon sugar
2-4 dashes of Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce
2 lime wedges, squeezed
1.5 oz tequila blanco
1/2 cup grapefruit juice
2 slices of habanero pepper, seeds removed
- Combine hot sauce, tequila, grapefruit juice, sugar, habanero, and lime wedges in a glass. Add ice to chill.
- Add grapefruit juice and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime wheel.
What’s your favorite spiced up drink using Woos! Ultimate Hot Sauce? Share your recipe below in the comments!